St Athan Boys Village 2011.
Opened on August 8th 1925 as a summer camp for the sons from families in the South Wales Coalfield, it offered them a place to play and be free, as well as being close to the nearby beach. Over the ages its usage developed but with the growth of cheap holidays abroad and the decline in coal mining in the Welsh valleys and subsequently closed in 1991.After closure, the site was used for residential Bible courses by various church groups. Sold in 2000 to a new owner, it was stripped of its equipment and rented to a family. June 2011 the area was secured with gates and fences, as well as large boulders and rubble to deter vehicles from parking near the site.As of now 2012,the site is still wide open....Read More